NOTE: the original Sept 19 LEGO Game workshop has sold out, so we’re opening a second workshop Sept 20!!
As we emerge from COVID (but navigate continuing staffing challenges and possible economic headwinds), organizations are increasingly focused on improving productivity, eliminating waste, and increasing efficiency.
The Performance Excellence Network is pleased to announce a special workshop “Yellow Belt LEGO Game.” The workshop will be Wednesday, September 20, hosted in person in the Twin Cities (location TBD) and facilitated by Joe Heser of The Lean Six Sigma Company. It will be a unique, fun, and powerful experience, focused on the principles of continuous improvement and the tools of Lean Six Sigma, but delivered in part through a LEGO simulation.
The Lean Six Sigma methodology has been used to streamline processes to provide services or products to customers, patients, citizens, or stakeholders faster and with fewer errors. Often, the projects take place within the organization, where several people work together (for example, a billing process, licensing process, logistics-, or production processes). The people who run the projects are called Green Belts and Black Belts, but they are dependent on the input and cooperation of their team members to succeed. This workshop explores the process and tools needed to improve process performance and results.
Earn your Yellow Belt certificate and learn the basics of Lean Six Sigma through a highly interactive simulation LEGO game.
What will I be able to do after this course? A Yellow Belt is capable of:
- Understanding the Lean Six Sigma philosophy and translating it to their own working environment
- Optimizing and improving processes using the DMAIC structure (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control are the 5 phases of Lean Six Sigma)
- Identifying customer requirements
- Recognizing improvement potential and selecting projects
- Analyzing problems
- Discovering root causes and reaching an optimal solution
The workshop explores ways to reduce operational costs, improve quality, decrease lead-times and increase customer satisfaction, equipping you with a toolset that will help you drive value in your organization. The workshop is ISO-certified with an internationally recognized certification. The workshop includes simulations, interactive exercises, videos, and much more!
Investment $325 for members, $650 for non-members. Groups of three from the same member organization registering at the same time are $300/each. Included in the fees is the Yellow Belt exam.
- Intro, background and history of Lean Six Sigma
- Lean vs Six Sigma what are differences?
- Lean Methodology overview
- Why Lean?
- Benefits and goals of Lean
- Basic overview of Lean tools – 5 Lean Principles
- Define Customer Value and 7 + 1 Wastes
- Value Stream Mapping
- Push vs Pull
- Strive for Perfection (Various tools including 5S and Kaizen)
- Six Sigma Methodology overview
- Why Six Sigma?
- Benefits and goals of Six Sigma
- Quality metrics
- Basics overview Six Sigma DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control)
- Project Selection
- Lean Six Sigma Deployment
- Lean Six Sigma Roles and Responsibilities
- Yellow Belt Exam